is this me or is this me!? procrastination…one of my biggest challenges to date. by the grace of God though, i’ve got very exciting news to announce in a few days or so!!!! anyway, we took our Christmas turned New Years pics (see, couldn’t get it together in time) today and i hope and pray we got some good shots. my good photographer friend Christin hooked us up and fit us into her tight schedule.
we made it!
it was pretty cool outside and semi-windy. after about 10 min, Chiso was over it. he didn’t throw a tantrum or anything, but let’s just say he became a combo of the Grinch and Rudolph the Red Nosed Chiso and smiling took a whole lot of effort and promises on our part. so afterwards, we had to fulfill a few!
starting with pancakes at Barnaby’s Cafe. he didn’t want the strawberries but otherwise cleaned his entire plate along with some scrambled eggs. also, the waiter sat us RIGHT by two fit, long distance runner friends of mine, Peggy and Jen! crazy coincidence! they attend my Lifetime classes sometimes and it was so great running into them randomly and getting the chance to introduce them to my fam. they are such sweet girls and i’m so honored to know them.
i get the same thing every time. you know dis! Sonny ordered the Green Eggs as well which came with two scrambled eggs with spinach, artichoke hearts, and jack cheese served with chicken apple sausage (THE best), potatoes & wheat toast. i switched out my potatoes for fruit though. hot chocolate was also on Chiso’s list so he split a cup with Sonny.
so my earth angel Ogechi came to take my braids down thursday evening cause i wanted a new (ok not really new, i know. just wanted something other than my braids which needed a touch up anyway) for our pictures. friday morning, i threw on a head scarf and hit my last workout of the weekend HARD! after two rest days of trying to preserve this straight do, it’s back to the gym for me. i just can’t stay away too long.
Ogechi also brought along a refill of some spices she found at Home Goods!!!! Sweet Smoked Paprika and Smoky Paprika Chipotle. so fragrant! i missed these seasonings after running out from the last time she blessed me with them. there’s some really cool stuff on those Home Goods shelves if ya just look. i couldn’t wait to whip something up.
so these guys were born…
Sweet Smoky Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb boneless skinless, chicken breasts, diced (OR you can use ground chicken)
- 2 heaping tbsp Smokey Paprika Chipotle seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium shallot or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos or sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup homemade hoisin sauce OR just 2 tbsp raw honey or agave nectar
- black pepper to taste
- in a med-high heated wok add olive oil and chicken and cook til almost done
- add onion and shallot and cook til onions are translucent
- add everything else then stir til combined
- once chicken is completely done, so are you.
- portion the seasoned chicken chunks into lettuce bibs of your choice (romaine, butter, etc)
- top with jack cheese, green onion, avocado, and drizzle with Cilantro Coconut Yogurt sauce
i made this big platter just to take a pic and between Sonny and i we KILLED IT at all once! at least it’s low carb. lol.
about that yogurt sauce- i found this stuff at HEB when i was looking for…i don’t really know what i was looking for since i have cut out dairy for the most part. beats me. but i saw it and the word ‘unsweetened’ caught my eye.
dairy-free, unsweetened, cultured coconut milk. i thought it was unsweetened greek yogurt until i got home and actually read it. nevertheless, this sauce is boss.
Cilantro Coconut Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened, dairy-free cultured coconut milk
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
- juice of half a lemon
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- throw everything into your food processor
make this and TAG ME! seriously! i love interacting with my followers on IG and do my best to respond to, well, every comment! i’d love to connect with you MORE on Facebook as well- if you make my recipes, take a pic and let me know!
3 days til Christmaaaaaaaas!