Sonny and i attended a wedding late last night/morning, so the boys hung out with their grandparents overnight. which also means i was confined to my breast pump every 4 hours or so. i remember being away from Chiso overnight for the 1st time and fearing he would reject my breast cause of nipple confusion once we were reunited again. it drove me crazy, but i was also a first time mom. a lot of things drove me crazy then. fortunately, both boys latched right back on like nothing ever happened. *although it is recommended to give newborns at least 3 solid weeks of breast only before introducing the bottle if you can help it*. after sleeping straight through the night i woke up full of liquid gold and leaking through my clothes and bed sheets. there’s always a trade-off! was it worth a night of uninterrupted sleep?
i headed to ‘weigh-ins’ with Sonny, as he calls them. the 6 Pack USA plan works for people inside and outside of Houston. ‘weigh-ins’ is where we check our 6 Pack USA Houston clients’ progress in person if they choose (body fat, weight, motivation levels) to ensure they are on track with their customized meal and workout plans. video links are provided for those that prefer to have a family or friend measure them weekly. i’m 5 weeks postpartum and currently pondering about my own fitness goals these days. here are a few i’d like to share with ya:
- naturally detox my body from processed foods (i’ll still be eating whole wheat bread and tortillas, etc., but i’m referring to unnecessary things like cool whip)
- drink way more water (WHEN will i get it together in this department…i mean really.) it will help keep my milk supply up, skin hydrated, and things moving along in my digestive system
- lift these glutes! i eat pancakes…i don’t wear them. ready to squat heavy again and build my booty back up.
- strengthen my entire back – the weight of these boobs have my posture slipping big time. not cute. and i’m feeling quite unbalanced and shaped like a number 9 at that. gravity is just not my friend. this is another job for heavy weight lifting.
- widdle down my waist – which will largely come from better nutrition, time, and patience.
- shooting for 13-14% body fat (long as that comes with a normally functioning menstrual cycle. since i’m breastfeeding i don’t have to worry about Aunt Flo for a while anyway, woo hoo)
- upper-body definition – i can only do a few push ups on my toes before modifying to my knees because my core is still pretty weak, but like anything else, the more i do them the stronger i’ll get.
- start my own 6 Pack USA plan soon!
that’s it for now; just want to tighten a few things up. not ready to hit any stage anytime soon or anything though.
the last piece of evidence to this pregnancy…. my linea negra and tummy discoloration. it stuck around for like 4-5 months after my first pregnancy, so it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. no crop tops for me this summer though!
two dates in one weekend? don’t mind if we do. hubby and i don’t work out together too often (we actually train at different gyms), but when we do it’s always fun and special cause it’s so rare. maybe once or twice a month at best. it’s one of those ‘too much of a good thing’ kinda idioms for us i guess.
afterwards we had lunch at one of our fave Greek spots, Niko Nikos. they were on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives a few years ago but they were already well-known in Houston long before then! i would love to visit every place Guy has gone one day. i already told Sonny if we ever visit a city with a restaurant that was featured on his show, we are going. it’s mandatory.
what…? #unphased #stillsnappingaway
i started out with one of their fresh greek salads with that signature block of salty feta cheese on top,
then our shared, ‘appetizer’, The Hercules Plate, came next. lol.
we hadn’t been here in a while so we were surprised to see breakfast items on the menu! Sonny got a steak and egg gyro for himself that was really good. the pita bread is always so soft, warm, and magical.
instead of ordering my usual grilled chicken and spinach pita, i got The Broiled Flounder Plate w/ half rice half lemon baked potatoes with tzatziki sauce and pita bread.
hey. just hiding my food baby.
i REALLY wanted some greek donuts, but i went for some Arctic Zero, fat-free Redi Whip and sprinkles when we got home to kill my sweet craving.
not sure who is harder to raise…. husbands or kids? i’ve been saying i have 3 babies lately, lol. ironically, i showed this to Sonny and he didn’t even get it!!!
Q: have you ever eaten at a restaurant featured on Food Network?
Yes. I have eaten at Cafe Pita here in Houston on Westheimer. It was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It’s awesome.
we’ve seen that place too and it’s on our to-eat list 🙂 thank you so much for sharing!