wednesday i had (what i hope to be) my very last routine check up with my OB before meeting Odego.
did some reading to pass the time in the waiting area and my eyes were immediately drawn to “why it’s OK to get an epidural” after picking up this magazine, lol. this birth plan is the same as my first… to give it my best shot naturally, and call for the epi if i need it. God has already gone before me and everything is in His hands. everything.
i love that my OB involves Chiso somehow at every visit. especially when i forget to bring his ipad! i just love her to pieces and thank God for connecting us. according to Chi’s calculations, my belly is currently measuring at 39.7 cms (the number your belly measures in cms usually corresponds with your current week, fyi). pretty happy to have progressed to 2 cms dilated without feeling a thing at that. well, what i HAVE felt has not been painful at all, rather.
so i left my appointment with JUST enough time to hit the gym for one last TKB (turbo kickboxing) class!!! i also just wanted to tell the best kickboxing instructor i know that i’d be seeing her in a few weeks, or whenever i’m cleared to come back.
i started that day with lean turkey sausage, 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, the last of a ripe avocado, all over a sweet potato hash i could have sworn i had already added to my blog, sorry guys!! here are the ingredients i sautéed in my no stick skillet with 1 tbsp coconut oil:
- 1 small peeled/cubed sweet potato (microwave for 1 min first to make it easier to chop)
- 1 yelllow oinion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cubed zucchini
- 1/4 cup cubed yellow squash
- 1/2 cup cubed red bell pepper
- red pepper flakes
- sea salt (i used liquid aminos) & pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro
and i scarfed down those rotisserie chicken breast deli sammiches on Sara Lee whole wheat 45 calories & delightful bread and raw carrots after the TKB class.
here’s dinner from tonight with the recipe as promised:
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb raw, de-veined, shelled shrimp
- 1 roasted small – medium spaghetti squash ( i throw the whole thing in my oven on 375 for 45 min)
- 1/2 cup whole grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp or more lemon pepper seasoning
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- heat a large wok to med-high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- add 2 tbsp garlic and stir constantly so it doesn’t burn for about 2 minutes; add shrimp.
- season shrimp with 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning and black pepper; remove from wok and set aside.
- add in another tbsp olive oil and the remaining 2 tbsp of garlic; cook for about 1 minute.
- add bell pepper if wanted at this point and let it cook/soften for 2 minutes. if no bell pepper, just add cooked spaghetti squash into wok along with another tbsp or two of lemon pepper seasoning and black pepper. mix well.
- halve the grape tomatoes then add them to your wok along with the cooked shrimp and cilantro; mix very well.
- squeeze the fresh lemon over the top of everything and serve!
nutritional stats coming right up, asap. as for now, the baby waiting game continues! have a safe, fun, friday night 🙂