having a little fun with healthy breakfasts these days! it’s whatever works and gets Chiso’s plate clean, and these have proven to do just that. he thinks it’s hilarious (telling a funny story along with it helps too) and i enjoy creating them. just some ideas for your picky eater(s) fueled by Pinterest.
banana bear faces using Sara Lee whole wheat bread, natural peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
the original ‘recipe’ actually used blueberries for the eyes and nose, but they were a no-go.
this morning we had whole wheat pancakes and i’d love to share this easy recipe with ya as promised.
easy whole wheat pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 2 tbsp
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- heat your griddle or pan to med heat and coat it with no-stick cooking spray.
- mix all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl.
- drop 2 tbsp worth of batter onto your griddle and cook 2-3 minutes on each side (flip when you see bubbles form)
- top however you’d like and eat warm!
makes 15 (or more) silver dollar sized pancakes. for 1:
i added natural pb and chocolate chips to Ralph too. happy friday 🙂
speak your mind!