my home workouts have FOREVER changed!!!!! i’ve been wanting to purchase a step bench for my home for a while now but i just knew i could find a better deal than the 89.00 and up they are in stores and online (Walmart, Academy, Sports Authority, Target). i wanted the REAL thing. the one i use in my classes every week and the one you find in a majority of fitness clubs. not the shorter, copycat versions. just before biting the bullet and heading to Target to purchase it tuesday, i was gifted with one from a very special person. aaaggghhhh! so grateful.
i brought that baby home and immediately got to work making vids! slowly but surely i’m building up my home gym repertoire which does wonders for my motivation. the more toys you have, the more you wanna play, right!? Chiso jumped on before i did and started doing his thing.
i can’t find the Figure 8 bands i use at Lifetime in stores but i did pick up these light, medium, & heavy resistance ones (3 to a pack) at Target to slip over my shoes and/or ankles. you know the vids for those are on the way.
- squat jumps – keep those knees behind your toes and weight in your heels for every single rep. drop your booty to the bench! keep an eye on your heart rate.
- crossover pushups (using 1 riser) – try them on your toes!
- incline chest flyes – breaking the bench down and creating a makeshift incline bench is PERFECT for 2nd and 3rd trimester moms-to-be! we know that lying on our backs for an extended period of time after about 20ish weeks (varies per mom) or so is a no-no for blood circulation, so this is a great modification.
- bench step ups – get low and get your waddle on. alternate legs or do the same leg then switch it up. hey Chiso 😆
i saw HEB’s rendition of these guys while shopping and they looked tantalizing as heck in the package! i gave them a go at home and wow. just wow. 3 ingredients. add these to your Super Bowl eats or ANY party menu. find something to celebrate and just make them!
Cheesy Stuffed Maple Jalapeno Poppers (dairy-free)
- 5 jalapenos, halved
- 10 pieces of low sodium maple bacon (just cut 5 long slices in half for the perfect length to wrap around the pepper)
- 1/2 cup Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese spread (you can also use any flavor Laughing Cow cheese wedges, yum)
- cut each pepper in half and discard the seeds and filling
- stuff each half with 2 tbsp Tofutti spread or LC cheese
- wrap bacon around stuffed pepper and secure with a toothpick if need be
- bake for 20-35 min (depending on size) in a 425 degree oven
*per pepper: 52 cals, 4g fat, 1 carb, 2g protein*
Q: what is the best piece of at-home equipment you’ve invested in?
Q: what would you love to add next?
i’d love a pullup-bar & an elliptical.