did anybody else catch the new ep of Chopped tonight!? i’m a huge fan of the show and while i thought one of the competitors, Lauren Von Der Pool ‘s performance was totally disrespectful yet comical, social media pretty much agreed and proceeded to rip her to shreds immediately the show aired 😯 . after watching i just had to google her name (apparently i wasn’t alone) and i’m just blown away yet again at the wrath of social media, my goodness. it’s 2014 and words still hurt. they always will. i wish her much success and sincerely hope she takes away some valuable lessons from her Chopped experience. anyway, i hope your #sundayfamilyfunday was pleasant! i whipped out my crock pot this morning before church and threw this together:
sweet slow cooker cornish hens
- 3 whole cornish game hens
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Coconut Crystals (or coconut sugar)
- set slow cooker to 4hrs & 30 minutes on low
- place thawed birds in slow cooker
- coat birds in liquid aminos
- drizzle birds with light agave nectar
- sprinkle birds with cracked black pepper
- sprinkle birds with coconut crystals / sugar
- turn the birds every hour or so and coat them with the pan drippings to ensure it cooks evenly and is flavored evenly.
i was supposed to cook these guys for new years day but never got around to it. they were served with turnip greens and a giant baked sweet potato topped with cinnamon and a tiny bit of Earth Balance Organic Whipped Buttery Spread. tip: spray your pot with no-stick cooking spray first; i forgot to do so.
my early am Lifetime classes are back on the schedule after a 2 week holiday break! i’ll be hitting my new members and veterans with new moves, new music and a bigger bump 😆