i owe it all to Kristin over at Yellow Bliss Road for these babies. noooo idea (as usual) how i even found her blog (i just get click happy and end up finding awesome stuff every single day) and i had so much fun recreating this into a dairy-free (for the most part!) dessert for my lovely fit foodies.
chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cupcakes (can be dairy-free, nut-free)
- 1 can garbanzo beans (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup raw organic oat bran OR ground oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Coconut Crystals
- 6 tbsp Enjoy Life dairy & nut free semi sweet Chocolate Chips OR mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 pint So Delicious dairy-free, soy-free, no sugar added Vanilla Bean ice cream – or any ice cream you prefer really! i also used Almond Dream Toffee Almond Fudge. mmm hmmm.
- 35 – .5 oz paper cups
- set the ice cream and the chocolate chips aside
- throw everything else into your food processor and BLEND until smooth and uniform. no lumps. blenders don’t work well for this cause the batter is super thick, fyi
- fold in your chocolate chips to the batter in a separate mixing bowl
- coat your MINI muffin pan with no stick cooking spray and portion out 35 cookie cups (about 1.5 tbsp of batter each)
- bake 10-12 minutes on 350 degrees or until golden brown, then let them cool completely. you can eat a few while they are hot though
- once completely cooled, take out your ice cream and let it soften for about 20 minutes at room temperature
- line the paper cups with cookies and spoon about 2 tbsp of ice cream on top, pressing it down into the cookie. top it off by making a smooth flat surface using the bottom of your spoon
- freeze for about an hour (that’s the longest i could wait but shoot for 2)
- rip the paper cups off those suckers and top them however you like! i used extra creamy whipped cream and more mini chocolate chips.
so, only take them outta the freezer if you’re gonna eat them right then since it’s ice cream and all.
stats below are for the cookie solo; 2 tbsp of the 100 calorie per serving vanilla bean ice cream mentioned above came out to 25 cals. which means 1 cupcake = 78 cals total. the stats change though depending on the type of ice cream you use of course.
you could also use Arctic Zero low-calorie ice creams as well, yep.
and can you tell i found a new pic app? serious overkill.
this one’s the toffee almond fudge ice cream. yeah….
wrapping this up now.
k this is it.
forreal. fun, fun!
aaand a little fitness motivation before i let you go and a reminder to not eat all the cupcakes at once.
Q: what is THE best ice cream flavor, hands down? there are so dang many these days, but Marble Slab’s sweet cream is TOP NOTCH in my book! also, Dryers caramel cone crunch, Lord have mercy. haven’t had either of them in years though. leave me a comment and let me know yours 😉