HOT french toast for Chi this morning, oat bran banana pancakes for me! and egg whites. you know the drill.
i didn’t measure for the french toast, but i used whole wheat bread dipped in a mixture of egg whites, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, pure vanilla, and vanilla creme stevia. i topped it with some Walden Farms pancake syrup. Chiso is still in love with bananas and eats a whole one for breakfast every morning, so he can lick his syrupy fingers all he wants since it’s sugar-free!
for lunch, i got fancy with something i make at least 4 times a week cause it’s so QUICK. and i need quick these days.
egg whites, wild tuna, cucumbers, and tomato on some wheat toast with a dollop of guacamustard (avocado and coarse ground mustard whipped into a mousse) and sprinkled with some no-salt Mrs. Dash fiesta lime seasoning. you don’t have to make a tuna tower too, but it’s FUN! right!?
i’m no trained chef, yall! yeah right! yall better stop emailing me with those ‘i can’t do all that’ messages!!! first off, you can, and second, who said you had to!? i do this for kicks cause it makes me happy. ok and to impress Sonny. ultimately though, it also contributes to the fact that wholesome, healthy, nutritious food can taste as great as it looks. presentation is important to me, but above all else, eat what’s good for you, first.
SO, thank youuuuuu for your emails and questions!!! i will continue to do my very best to respond in a timely manner, and even answer some of them in my posts. how bout i do that right now!
Q: are you a PT (personal trainer)?
A: no, guys! i’m a group fitness instructor! a PT is something i’ve considered in the past and it’s just not for me…’officially’ anyway, lol! i am certainly not opposed to the one-on-one thing, but the energy of a riled up group of athletes, the loud music, the microphone…yeah the combo of all that is what i live for. i am in complete love with teaching classes for 24 Hour Fitness and Lifetime, however, i do have intentions of teaching local classes (bootcamp, abs, TKB), in due time.
‘WHAT DO WE WANT?! ‘
pop some squizats!
one of the many lower body exercises you can do for toned, strong, defined, glutes(butt), hamstrings(back of your legs), and quadriceps(front/top of your legs).
- lift your toes in your shoes and press your heels into the floor
- have an actual seat- like you’re about to sit in a chair
- keep your knees behind your toes even at the lowest point of your squat
- back flat, chest up, abs in, head up!
- your stance determines which part of the legs you work, so switch it up often to target and work more angles (narrow stance, shoulder width stance, wide stance)
- inhale down, exhale up
- if your knees cave in toward each other as you squat, the weight is too heavy. proper form first. always.
- you can hold heavy dumbbells down to your sides, you can sit the dumbbells on your shoulders (my personal fave), use a weighted barbell across the meaty part of your shoulders, or use no weight at all!
i am THRILLED to now be apart of lululemon’s r & d (research and development) team, whoop, whoop! i want to be apart of ALL THINGS LULU!!! no, this does not mean that i am employed by lululemon- it means that as an instructor, my feedback concerning lululemon products is valued and considered. well i have A LOT of that to spare and share 😉
before i get to new items, i’m gonna start my first product review with some things i wear constantly as you can prolly tell via Instagram! i’m currently working on a new section on my blog that i will dedicate to *drum roll* product reviews! it’ll be composed of healthy food products i eat and use in my own recipes, as well as fitness related gear that i wear, use, and support. sooooo, here we go:
lululemon grey and black Wunder Under Pant (WU’s 2012) – 82.00$
- second-skin fit – feels like next to nothing, literally!
- four-way stretch
- designed for yoga, gym, to-and-fro, extremely versatile
- secret waist pocket (keys, cards, small items, etc.)
- wide soft waistband for comfort and eliminating muffin top
- light-weight, comfy, moveable, breathable fabric no matter what type of exercise you are doing
- the contours and embellishments contribute to a longer, leaner appearance <—-my FAVE!
it never fails- every time i wear them out, people really dig the back of these pants, and i did too! which is what sold me on ’em. and can i just say i take ‘to-and-fro’ to a whole new level. gym or not, i slip them on and GO! highly recommended!